The sheer number of options out there makes going through thousands of reviews extremely frustrating. Look over the reviews, then make an informed purchasing decision based on this ultimate guide.
Disclaimer: We are using Amazon affiliate Product Advertising API to fetch products from Amazon, include: price, content, image, logo, brand, feature of products which are trademarks of Amazon.com. So, when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.. Read more.
20 Best rappel device Reviews in 2022
- Unique, smooth-handling geometry
- Minimalist design is durable in all conditions
- Large surface area dissipates heat when lowering or rappelling
- Handles ropes from 7.7 to 11 mm
- Keep Your Safety: It uses the friction between the rope and the Descender device to slow down the descent or brake. Extra thick with ears and belay slot will keep your safety, even in a rescue or emergency situation.
- Superior Braking Resistance: Breaking strength 11,000 lbf (50KN/5000kg). Allows for smooth rope action while descending or belaying, offers superb control on rope.
- Figure 8 Descender: Big Wall Climbings Terminal 8 with Ears is an improvement over standard figure 8 devices with improved breaking and safety features.
- EASY LOCK-OFF: With bent-ear, locking yourself off with both hands free will be much easier and safer.
- It Applies To: Suitable for Mountain Climbing, Rock Climbing, Ice Climbing, Rescue, Working-At-Height, Technical Rope Rescue, Climbers, Cavers and Sport Rappelers
- ATC-XP belay/rappel device
- Includes a locking carabiner
- High friction mode on ATC-XP offers 3 times greater hold and stopping power than regular friction mode
- High-friction mode offers 3 times greater hold and stopping power than regular friction mode
- Machined windows through device for weight savings
- Durable cable holds its shape and resists getting caught up between ropes
- Versatile design accepts ropes from 7.7 to 11 mm
- Keep Your Safety: AOKWIT high-strength ATC V-grooved belay device with teethed channel, reduce the abrasion of the rope when descending, and it is not easy to cause rope winding and knotting. Guarantee the safety of every climbers.
- Double-hole Design: Double-row rope hole design, you can used with single or double rope, the double rope will not be entangled when descending, and the rope can be retracted through one end after reaching the destination.
- Material: High-strength 7075 aircraft grade aluminum, maximum 25KN(about 2500 kg) tensile strength, light weight(Only 2.1Oz), compact and easy-to-use. GOOD LIGHTEN PACK CHOICE. Anodized coloring, beautiful luster, high visibility in outdoor use.
- Labor-saving Equipment: BETTER ROPE CONTROL! Whether you use belay device in belaying climbers or rappelling, TEETHED CHANNEL creates more friction in braking and allow device to work with skinnier rope. With minimum force, you can easily arrest the fall of climber promptly.
- It Applies To: Suitable for Mountain Climbing, Rock Climbing, Tree Climbing, Ice Climbing, Rescue, Working-At-Height, Technical Rope Rescue, Climbers, Cavers, Climb Training and Sport Rappelers.
- Weight: 3.5 oz
- Length: 5 in.
- Width: 2 in.
- Lightweight, multipurpose belay/rappel device; can be used to belay a second in Reverso mode
- Multipurpose and easy to use
- Adapted to a broad range of rope diameters
- Durable and lightweight
- Multiple friction modes for belay and rappel
- Updated construction makes the device 10% lighter with improved rope handling.
- Now 80g
- Auto-block release hole accepts small carabiners
- Durable cable holds its shape and resists getting caught up
- CLIMB WITH CONFIDENCE - Made with Anodized Stainless Steel. Maximum breaking strength: 50 KN / 11240 lbs. Weight: 26 oz / 737 g. Rope Sizes: 11 mm - 16 mm.
- EASY TO USE - Rigging plate for smooth and superb rope control while descending or belaying with easy lock-off, adjustable descent rate, and large main slot.
- MULTIPURPOSE - Perfect for arborists, mountain climbing, rock climbing, ice climbing, rappelling and many more useful work applications.
- BUILT TO LAST - Industry-leading quality. Durable, lightweight, and strong. Apply large friction to rope with ease for climbing, rappelling, rigging an aerial silk and help control rope sliding speed.
- LABORATORY TESTED - 100% factory and proof tested for durability and versatility from independent laboratories.
- Suitable for 8 - 12mm rope, the tensile force is 25KN
- Material:Forging magnesium alloy with high strength, light weight, portable and Easy to carry.
- Friction groove:ATC descent device V-groove friction, Increase the friction between the ATC and the rope, and play a slow downward effect.
- Rubber Wire Rope:ATC Descent Device designed with 0.4cm Rubber Wire Rope,In the use of ATC,it will be more convenient
- Scope: Outdoor downhill mountain climbing caving expand high-altitude operations, such as fire and rescue
- [Safty Guarantee]:CE 1019 EN 341 ensures its security. Climbing Descender you can trust.Weight limited:330 lb(150kg),Breaking Strength: 1.47kN .Suitable for0.35-0.47(9-12mm)inch dia. Ropes.
- [High Quality]:Stop descender made of hot forged aluminum-magnesium alloy, which has the characteristics of high strength, light weight and convenient carrying.
- [Easy to Install]: Device can be rapidly installed or removed from the rope without disconnecting it from the harness, stop wheel of the lowering device is integrated with the lower handle, and slides downward through the rope to drive the steering wheel to turn through the connecting rod to open and close the shaft.
- [Functional]: Design makes it good for descending tight passages,suitable for teach use.Self-breaking function allows you to easily stop and hold your position on rope. stop wheel is connected to the lower handle and the stop wheel through the connecting rod. The handle strength can control the descending speed, and the lock is locked when the grip is released or released.
- [Widely Application]: For rock climbing, mountaineering, exploring, rappelling, rescue, engineering protection, aerial work etc.Provides great protection for users, especially to beginners.
- Control the brake friction through the V-shaped brake grooves, notched
- Robust construction and light weight
- Available in a plain grey colour
- Aid for climbing and mountaineering
- Rope compatibility: single ropes of 8, 5 to 11 mm, half ropes of 7, 1 to 9, 2 mm and twin ropes of 6, 9 to 9, 2 mm.
- Weight: 3.5 oz
- Length: 5 in.
- Width: 2 in.
- This could be the best all around belay/rappel device on the planet The result of intensive R and D work, it is light, compact, durable and can smoothly handle just about any rope combination
- The machined cooling fins on the Pyramid work both to keep it cool and to make it less droppable, and the pivoting center pin lets you flip it over to customize the feed of your ropes without effecting its stopping power
- Rappeling is always controlled and jerk-free and the flat rope path virtually eliminates kinks The elongated slot for the center pin makes it easy to rig the Pyramid with stiff or fat ropes and the burly retaining cable will last as long as you own it
- Recommended Rope Diameters: Twin Ropes - Not Recommended ,Half Ropes - 85mm or larger,Single Ropes - 97mm - 11mm
- BENT-EAR DESIGN! GM CLIMBING rescue figure 8 with bent-ears works as a versatile rappel device, the upgraded version of standard eight.
- LARGE MAIN SLOT! The principle slot is large enough for you to double, even triple your single rope to increase frictions for slow descent or better descent control.
- ROPE-FRIENDLY! Thick body largely decreases the abrasion or wear of rope to a minimum level.
- EASY LOCK-OFF! With bent-ear, locking yourself off with both hands free will be much easier and safer.
- 40kN STRENGTH! Sturdy and rugged rescue 8 for rescue, training, mountaineering, aerial silk etc.
- FOR ALL CLIMBERS: The GRIGRI + is a belay device with assisted braking for indoors and outdoors. Designed for all climbers.
- ROPE COMPATIBILITY: Can be used on all single ropes (8.5 to 11 mm in diameter) and optimized for 8.9 to 10.5 mm diameters.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND LONG-LASTING: Great durability for intensive use, thanks to the stainless steel wear plate. Weighs only 200 grams.
- DON'T PANIC: Features an anti-panic handle. If the user pulls too hard on the handle the anti-panic function brakes and stops the descent.
- CHOOSE YOUR BELAY MODE: Top-rope or lead, thanks to the selection knob. The top-rope belay mode facilitates taking up slack and makes for a more comfortable belay.
- ✔ HIGH QUALITY -- PROND figure 8 descender has extra thick with ears and belay slot. Allows for smooth rope action while descending or belaying. And the thick body largely decreases the abrasion of rope to a minimum level.
- ✔ SAFE -- Terminal 8 descender made from high strength aluminum alloys material (surface anodized oxidation) with sturdy and rugged industrial grade quality. 0.27lb lightweight design to dissipate heat. Pass 35KN (7,875lbs) breaking strength tested, 3,000lbs recommended working load limit.
- ✔ CONVENIENT -- Easy installation ideal for fast use in adverse conditions and easier to handle heavy loads. Its traditional shape allows the rope to smoothly flow with the perfect amount of friction for the task. Ideal for the retro climber or search and rescue professional.
- ✔ UNIVERSAL -- Suitable for rock climbing, caving, hiking, canyoning, outdoor training, engineering works, high-altitude operations, rescue, adventure etc. Package included: 1 x PROND rescue figure 8 descender. (Please be noted that we have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors of our products that appear on images. However, as computer monitors vary, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any color will be completely accurate).
- ✔ GUARANTEE -- Prond Selection offer a 90-day / 100% satisfaction guaranteed. If you discover any problems with the item(s) you have received, please feel free to Contact Us and our Customer Service Representatives will try our best to resolve the issue for you as soon as possible until you're satisfied.
- CE & EN certified: KAILAS multi figure 8 descender is lightweight, compact and easy to use, suitable for short-distance descent. Both CE & EN certified (CE1015 EN15151-2).
- Highly Efficient: Square shape and smooth interior surface reduce rope twisting and allow better rope glide. 2 pointy horns/ears prevent rope twisting, girth hitch formation and dissipate heat quickly.
- Lightweight & high-strength & durable: Weighs only 93g. Ergonomic shape cuts weight and allows easy grabbing. Made of 7075 hot-forged aluminum alloy. Anodized for better durability. Maximum breaking strength: 30kN.
- Specs: Rope diameter: 8-13mm (single/half/twin ropes). Dimensions: 113 x 80 mm / 4.44 x 3.15 inch.
- Activities: belaying and rappelling in rock climbing, mountaineering, ice climbing, rescue, working at height, caving, canyoning, team activities, training.
- Material:Aluminum magnesium alloy. Size: 2.17"(W) * 8.27"(L), Net Weight: 1.04 lb.
- CE Certification, EN 341. Max Load:150 kg/330 lb. Suitable for 9-12mm/0.35-0.47 inch dia.
- Easy to Install:Device can be rapidly installed or removed from the rope without disconnecting it from the harness.
- Design makes it good for descending tight passages,suitable for teach use.Self-breaking function allows you to easily stop and hold your position on rope.
- Suitable for rock climbing, mountaineering, exploring, rappelling, rescue, engineering protection, aerial work etc.
How To Choose The rappel device
Is finding an excellent rappel device a stressful experience? Have you ever been unsure what model to buy when considering the purchase of rappel device in general?
Knowing you're not alone is sometimes all you need. There are many people who have difficulty finding the perfect rappel device for themselves. This is why we are here to help!
You have obviously come to this page to learn more about Cheap rappel device Reviews. There is a lot of information out there, so to make an informed decision, find a reputable source with a variety of options before committing.
The information you seek can come from many sources – buying guides, ratings websites, word-of-mouth recommendations, online forums where users give their personal experiences, independent product reviews found throughout the internet, and even YouTube channels. The best products can only be found through thorough research.
Right? But isn't it not always easy to do that? Therefore, we have taken the time to compile a list of the top rappel device products on the market, for your benefit, so that you don't need to worry.
What led us to compile this list? Why did we make this buying guide?
- Firstly, we used our algorithms to gather the information about the products that were available from reliable sources.
- To validate all collected information, both Artificial Intelligence and large data volumes were used.
Our artificial intelligence then evaluated them based on quality-to-price ratios using industry-standard criteria to find the rappel device on the market!
We don't choose the products at random. Before assembling a list, we take into account several factors. Following are some of the factors we consider:
If you purchase an unreliable brand just because it is cheap, what will happen? The likelihood of getting an unreliable product increases. The renowned brands are more concerned about maintaining their reputations, while others are not.
The rappel device brands are known for their unique features that distinguish them from the competition. We hope, therefore, that there is a product in our list that will meet your needs.
A few useful features are all that you need. In choosing the top rappel device, we look at the features that really matter.
Quantitative measures of quality are always easy to make when you have numbers at your disposal. As a company, we are striving to find products that exceed the standard, but with the rappel device right balance.
Customers who have used the [REPLACE_KEYWORD] before you won't accuse you of wrongdoing, will they? A good number of people will be pleased with the service, if you have better ratings.
A customer review gives you authentic and reliable information about rappel device, coming from real people who have used it.
That's very interesting, now isn't it? It's not just about having a good rappel device, you also have to offer a popular, growing product. Both objectives are met.
It is clear that the product is successful based on its increasing user base. Because of that growing number, the manufacturers should be able to provide better after-sales service and quality.
Value For The Money:
There is a saying about getting what you pay for. The cheapest thing is never the best. Consequently, spending a lot of money on a product that has no real value is also not a good idea. Putting your rappel device on the list involves evaluating what you get for the money you spend.
Reliability and durability are closely related. With a robust and durable rappel device, you'll be able to use it for many months to come.
A new product replaces an old product every now and then. It probably has some new features, it may have been modified somehow.
Supposedly good products such as rappel device no longer exist because the manufacturer will no longer support them? As much as possible, we try to present products from a handful of trustworthy sellers, if not more.
That's also something we consider! Products that received mainly negative ratings are discarded from our top rated rappel device list.
#1. Why choose this type of rappel device?
Because rappel device vary drastically in size, knowing what will fit comfortably on to use it. If you are in need of a rappel device that provides high quality support. However, you may decide you don’t need one so high.
#2. How Much Should I Spend on a rappel device?
Ideally, a rappel device is going to live with you for years. Paying more for your product will reward you every time you fast open the lid with increased your speed, better quality accuracy and a sweet view. Again, the average cost of a new rappel device is between $$ and $$$. Sure, you get out on some luxury features.
We chose our best rappel device based on these criteria. Is this all there is to it? Of course not! Our website is constantly updated to provide you with the most up-to-date and relevant information.
We have a final layer of filtering because we place reader satisfaction at the top of our list. Thank you for your support! We'd appreciate your feedback or correction if any rappel device mentioned here is incorrect, out of date, outdated, irrelevant, or otherwise inappropriate. We welcome your comments and will make frequent corrections to our list based on your reasonable suggestions.